||November 17, 2020
||Private Sector BioStat Jobs
Department Description: This position is at the Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Center for Outcomes Research in Cardiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. We are a team of researchers and physicians using clinical trials and data analysis to assess the current state of cardiovascular care in the United States. We evaluate clinical practices, therapies and devices that are used to treat the full range of cardiovascular conditions. Our evidence-based studies point the way to better practices and better outcomes for patients.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36280BR
Job Summary: This role includes key trial statistician responsibilities including statistical design, and conducting analyses and data exploration, and generating key documents such as statistical analysis plans and grant materials.
Individual has progressed beyond the Research Fellow/Trainee stage and is functioning at the independent Statistician III level. A Statistician III may be in the entry to more senior level at varying degrees of independence and must have been awarded or have completed the requirements for a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent.
- Develops statistical solutions to optimally support all phases of research projects including clinical trials.
- Functions as the study statistician and be accountable for study level deliverables.
- Performs trial statistician responsibilities as needed, including attendance of study team meetings, review of protocols/amendments, conducting exploratory data analyses, and performing just-in-time analyses.
- Applies innovative statistical approaches to study design, analysis and data exploration methodologies
- Serves as a general clinical development and statistical resource
- May supervise, orient and/or train staff - may have one direct report.
- Retrieves, query, manipulate and manage large claims databases
- Provides statistical education to clinical investigators including faculties, fellows, residents and medical students
- May need to provide statistical consulting services to investigators from Harvard Medical School and affiliated hospitals if needed
- Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related discipline preferred. required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in Academic research..
- Prior experience with laboratory techniques, computer analysis, creation and design of wet lab protocols and implementation of these experiments
- Knowledge of epidemiology, outcomes research, evidence-based medicine, and experience using longitudinal datasets, data repositories and statistical Analysis with SAS, STATA, SPSS or alternative statistical software.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by BioStatJobs.com -- © 1998-2020