How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Biostatistician provides Bio-Statistical and analytical expertise to interdisciplinary team members throughout Hackensack Meridian Health. This includes team members from clinical research teams, quality improvement teams, Care Transformation Services (CTS), and nursing.
A day in the life of Biostatistician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Guides team members across HMH, assisting them with their projects including study design, methodology, and data analysis; this support continues from initial study idea through project completion and publication of results.
- Guides team members who are conducting research to fulfill requirements as part of their advanced degrees.
- Participates in Institute for Evidence Based Care and Institute for Quality Science department wide programs and initiatives, interfacing as necessary with other departmental project team representatives.
Contributes and supports nurse team members with their research projects and initiatives.
Contributes and supports Care Transformation Service(s) team members with their Quality and Performance Improvement projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with principal investigators in protocol development, assisting with study design, calculating necessary sample sizes, and drafting the statistical section of the protocol.
Prepares statistical analysis plans based on the study protocol, including development of mock-up display of tables, listings and figures.
Supports HMH MAGNET program leaders with presentation of data.
Supports Population Health Analytics team projects upon request.
- Analytical Support:
- Provides analytical support to clinical teams by organizing, managing and analyzing data using a variety of statistical packages including, but not limited to IBM SPSS and Stata, depending on project requirements.
- Conducts and participates in review and quality control of project deliverables to ensure they are consistent with the project design and the statistical analysis plan.
Assists researchers with communication of project findings through the use of data visualization and reporting tools.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Master's degree in Biostatistics.
Minimum 1-2 years of experience providing statistical assistance.
Ability to apply knowledge of basic statistical design, methodology, analysis, and programming techniques utilized in clinical research and to effectively communicate statistical concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical theory including experimental design, categorical data analysis, analysis of variance, regression, and non-parametric methods.
Expertise in statistical programming using various statistical software (SPSS, Stata, SAS, R) for study design, analysis and reporting.
- Expertise in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams.
Ability to provide statistical feedback effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects.
Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!