Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX, USA Req #1560
Monday, October 26, 2020
- Work shall be performed at the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3698 Chambers Pass, Bldg. 3611, Joint Base San Antonio – Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Contractor shall ensure monthly and quarterly commander’s reports are accurate and comprehensive. Contractor shall be able to work with at least two of the following statistical packages: SAS, SPSS, Sigma Stat, Table Curve 3D, StatXact, LogXact or any new and relevant approved statistical packages to support research goals and provide analysis of data. Contractor shall use multivariate statistical techniques, e.g. logistic regression and artificial neural networks.
- Contractor shall collaborate with investigators in the conduct of statistical studies involving data from the DoDTR that are either intramural or extramural to the Institute (as defined by Institute CRADA and MOU). Contractor shall assist other laboratories that have specific statistical focus that directly collaborate with the JTS and DoDTR. Incumbent will serve to establish requirements for data sharing and collaboration with those laboratories as defined by Institute policy and protocol. Contractor shall assist other laboratories that have specific statistical focus that directly collaborate with the Joint Trauma System and DoDTR. Incumbent will serve to establish requirements for data sharing and collaboration with those laboratories as defined by Institute policy and protocol.
- Contractor shall assist independent investigators to develop internal and/or external research questions in order to develop and execute study design for analysis in collaboration with a team of data and statistical resources that will produce reports and presentations from the DoDTR and other available data sources. Research questions received from external sources become valid taskings once approved by the Command to be resourced.
- Contractor shall provide Statistical Design for Joint Trauma System to include sharing expertise in study designs, final data analysis and manuscript preparation in various areas related to statistical methods. Contractor shall apply expert knowledge of statistical theory, sampling, data analysis, survey methodology, informatics and general mathematics in research and analysis. Contractor shall assist in producing publications in open literature.