Senior Biostatistician Manager
US Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC (“Emmes) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our “Character Achieves Results” culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
The Senior Biostatistician Manager oversees statistical activities and deliverables across a broad research area, Provides guidance and oversight to other senior statistical staff and ensures timely and high-quality completion of statistical activities.
- Manages a team of Biostatistician Managers and is responsible for statistical deliverables across a broad research area
- Serves as a client point of contact for statistical deliverables on large projects, fostering a collaborative relationship with contract sponsors and Emmes project team members
- Manages statistical resources (i.e. budget and personnel) across a broad research area to ensure statistical tasks are completed on schedule and that each project has adequate staffing levels
- Develops strategic vision for the department in collaboration with the Director of Biostatistics
- Across a broad research area at Emmes, serves as the identified internal point of contact for other corporate and senior project staff for management of budgeting, staffing, and statistical activities
- Participates in recruiting activities for new statistical staff members and makes hiring decisions
- Serves as a statistical expert and provides consultation to projects across the company
- Supervises and mentors senior statistical staff, promotes career development and growth for senior staff
- Represents Emmes at Sponsor, Regulatory, Investigator or Safety Review meetings (e.g., Data and Safety Monitoring Board Meetings)
- Establishes budgets for statistical activities on new project work
- Identifies statistical and operational issues and proposes solutions
- Prepares, reviews and/or approves clinical project material that requires statistical input to ensure that the documents are scientifically valid and feasible
- Reviews work processes, schedules and checklists to ensure that all routine activities, as documented in corporate and project-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), are efficiently performed
- Participates in project and corporate quality assurance activities, particularly those of a statistical nature
- Ensures that project staff is trained and mentored, supervises project staff and performs personnel reviews
- Provides project updates to Director of Biostatistics
- Other duties as assigned
- MS or PhD in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or related field required
- At least 7 (with PhD) or 10 (with MS) years of related experience required; including leading a clinical research team and supervising senior level statistical staff
- Expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical analyses
- Proven effective leadership of a clinical research team
- Strong skills in prioritization, problem-solving, organization, decision-making, time management, negotiation, mentoring and planning
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, while working independently
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.