RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5,000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI’s Center for Clinical Research Network Coordination (CRNC) is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Biostatistician based in Research Triangle Park, NC in the support of pre-clinical research, clinical trials, and observational studies. Tasks will include assisting in statistical design, implementation, and analysis.
- Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute routine/established data processing, data editing, and some data analysis activities with supervision.
- Manage large datasets; move and merge data files from different platforms, clean, aggregate, data and perform procedures to ensure the quality of data/analysis products.
- Produce and distribute reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of solutions to problems where established theories and techniques have been identified or where existing procedures are to be used.
- Carry out professional development efforts as recommended by supervisory staff.
- Assist with the development of manuscripts performing different tasks such as preparation of analysis datasets, summary tables, and writing technical sections, once data collection has ended.
- Recent bachelors (degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, or related field) with experience outside of the classroom in a clinical or epidemiologic related area.
- Experience working with SAS and Excel. Experience with other statistical packages is a plus (e.g., R, Python, Stata).
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Inquisitive, organized and detail oriented. Must enjoy investigating details and figuring out the solutions to problems (e.g., digging through the details to determine why two values that should match do not).
- A strong interest in developing expertise in the content and specific data we are working with (not just playing with numbers in a vacuum).
- Ability to incorporate quality standards into work routines.
- Effective skills in communication and team collaboration.
- Excellent writing skills as evidenced by cover letter.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status