MRIGlobal, 425 Volker Boulevard, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America Req #441
Thursday, April 22, 2021
MRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization, delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization perform scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C.
This position primarily assists with the planning, design, development, and maintenance of Statistical Analysis applications to support biological analysis programs. Provides interdisciplinary statistical support and expertise including experimental design, data analysis, animal sample size justification, data summarization, and statistical consulting.
Nature and Scope
This position reports administratively to a Capability Manager or higher technical staff member. Work is performed as part of a team to produce solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with senior and junior level staff to support Statistical Analysis solutions
- Consult regularly with scientists and researchers from different disciplines (life sciences, physical sciences, and engineering) on the design and analysis of studies
- Keep current in the latest statistical methods and lead statistical method development and programming to address study requirements
- Interact proactively with individuals and groups on statistical issues and promote the correct use of statistical methods
- Perform appropriate statistical modeling and/or analysis of project data, interpreting statistical results and preparing summaries and reports
- Prepare and give presentations on statistical methods to project leaders and non-technical groups
- Document software usage and develop training materials as needed
- Maintain and support applications and databases
- Administer development infrastructure tools and services
- Experience with SAS software and its use in biostatistical analysis and data management
- Scripting languages, e.g. R or Python
- Strong independent work and organization skills, capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate statistical techniques and ideas effectively to non-statisticians
- Knowledge of statistical methodology and application
- Ability to write statistical sections of study protocols and study reports
- Experience with statistical design and design of experiments
- Knowledge and experience with analysis of variance, non-parametric analysis, mixed models analysis, exploratory analysis, generalized linear models, and multivariate analyses
- Data Science/Machine Learning Experience
- Existing secret security clearance
- Experience with GLP and FDA pre-clinical regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and the ability to troubleshoot challenges
- Ability to complete assigned tasks and work with limited supervision
- Attention to detail
MS in statistics, computer science, data science, physics, or related field of study with applied biostatistics experience; BS in statistics, computer science, data science, physics, or related field of study 3 years of relevant biostatistics professional experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
It is the policy of MRIGlobal to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.