To provide statistical expertise and consultation on research proposals and projects to Senior Investigators and Investigators, conduct, direct and provide decision-making relating to statistical analyses for projects, prepare papers reporting research results for presentation to scientific/professional organizations, translating research into practice and for publication in the scientific/professional literature, and participate in the overall development of the CHR's research agenda.
Assisting in the development of complex statistical analyses for research projects, developing analysis plan, and in interpretation of results and publication of findings.
Consult and provide statistical expertise for well-defined research, demonstration, and evaluation projects to advance knowledge that will improve health and health care delivery.
Lead Research Analyst team in creating and maintaining study datasets.
Participate in the professional development of Research Analysts, Research Associates and Investigators at CHR by presenting seminars on relevant statistical techniques.
Promote a positive, science-focused work culture by assisting in the development of Center policy, providing technical services and consultation, and by maintaining security and confidentiality of research and medical data. Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum two (2) years of research experience during graduate and post-graduate training.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a biostatistician on research projects.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., or Dr.P.H.) in statistics, biostatistics, economics, or other related quantitative field with minimum three (3) years of relevant research experience or master's degree with more than ten (10) years of relevant health care research and statistical experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in organizing and transmitting the knowledge of their disciplines, such as through teaching at the college or university level as an assistant or associate professor.
- Promising record of publications in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative biostatistical methods (from mathematics and statistics) for addressing methodological and analytical problems in a variety of research contexts (e.g., naturalistic studies, clinic trials, observational studies).
- Working knowledge of health care organization, policy, practice, and management (to facilitate application of research to medical and health care phenomena).
- Working knowledge of a standard statistical software library (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, STATA), and design of relational databases.
- Excellent writing and communication skills including the ability to write and communicate effectively to scientific/technical/lay/clinical audiences.
- Ability to work in a modern computing environment, including word processing and data processing.
- Data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Experience pertaining to health related research, theory, and policy.
- Experience working in or with a health maintenance organization.
- Some college-level teaching experience.
- A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, economics or other related quantitative field with minimum five (5) years of health-related research experience.
- Expertise in longitudinal data analyses, clinical trials and pragmatic trails.
- Extensive experience working with electronic medical record (EMR) data.
- Outstanding ability to write and communicate effectively to scientific/technical audiences, as well as clinical and lay audiences.
- Experience proactively remaining informed of innovative, leading methods and software in the field of biostatistics, and integrating these into practice (e.g. remain current on scientific developments in the literature, attend professional conferences).
- Thorough knowledge of specialized models and theories in a discipline area applicable to the research.
- Partnership skills, including communications and negotiations.
- Some training in management or administration and supervision would be helpful.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Workdays : Mon - Fri
Job Schedule :
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NW-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Research and Development,Research & Development
Travel : No