Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research
Req ID: 132536
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time
The Data Analytics Manager will join an internationally recognized group at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia that serves as the Data and Statistical Coordinating Center for PEDSnet (pedsnet.org), the National Pediatric Learning Health System. They will work within a dynamic team of data analysts, data scientists, programmers, and researchers that are part of PEDSnet, advancing the knowledgebase foundational to pediatric health and healthcare. PEDSnet is based within the Research Institute’s Applied Clinical Research Center. PEDSnet has developed a multi-institutional EHR database that includes over 7 million pediatric patients, inclusive of their inpatient and outpatient data. The database is used for observational research, quasi-experimental intervention studies, disease and healthcare intervention surveillance, quality improvement, and recruitment into prospective clinical studies and trials. The Data Analytics Manager will collaborate with PEDSnet’s Executive Director to provide analytics leadership for a large portfolio of research projects, will conduct data analyses themselves, and supervise a growing team of statistical and data science analysts who use the EHR data for these purposes. PEDSnet’s research is funded by the National Institutes of Health, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institutes, the Food and Drug Administration, the CDC, Industry, Foundations, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Key objectives of this role include:
- Develop and manage PEDSnet’s analytic standards and protocols, including statistical and data analysis plans, variable dictionaries, reusable statistical code, and results reporting.
- As a senior analyst, effectively use EHR and related data to answer research questions using a variety of statistical modeling methods in collaboration with researchers.
- Collaborate with data infrastructure team to integrate study operations and analytics with data pipeline, modeling, and operational activities.
- Provide guidance and develop processes for study operations that increase efficiency and streamline projects and analytics.
- Oversee the provision analytic datasets for research terms outside CHOP.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Manage a team of data analysts.
- Conduct statistical analyses using a variety of computational methods.
- Develop and manage PEDSnet’s analytic standards and protocols.
- Contribute to manuscript writing for results publication, author abstracts, and present at professional conferences.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Master’s degree
- Five (5) years of experience with progressively more complex applied statistics.
- Five (5) years applied experience in using one or more common statistical language programs.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Terminal degree (PhD)
- Seven (7) years of experience with progressively more complex applied statistics.
- Seven (7) years applied experience in using one or more common statistical language programs.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Advanced proficiency in programming and application of common statistical methods in medical and clinical research such as SAS, STATA, R or another commonly accepted analytical programming language.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to a lay audience.
- Detail-oriented with excellent validation and documentation skills.
- High level of personal initiative; ability to work independently as well as collaborate in teams and with people from multiple business and scientific areas.
- Advanced proficiency in UNIX and/or Windows OS.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146