Maywood-Health Sciences Campus
CLINICAL RESEARCH OFFICE
CLINICAL RESEARCH OFFICE (06124A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports faculty, students, residents and fellows in study design (including randomization, sample size and power analysis), data management, data quality checking, and statistical analysis for all aspects of bio-medical research, ranging from basic science and pre-clinical studies to clinical studies including clinical trials, genetic, epidemiological/population, and health services/outcomes research.
- Prepares statistical method sections and data analysis reports appropriate for grant applications, presentations, manuscripts and DSMB.
- Recommends analytically design for a broad range of data.
- Recommends the most appropriate statistical procedures for evaluation of outcome of studies.
- Establishes and maintains functional log and fee-for-service system.
- Interacts with data mining group in Information Technologies for data acquisition from systems on site as well as at other institutions.
- Uses a wide variety of statistical procedures including but not limited to categorical data analysis, exploratory and graphical methods, analysis of variance, correlation analysis, multiple linear regression, time series analysis, logistic regression, survival analysis, spatial analysis, and non-parametric methods.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Required Education: Doctorate in Biostatistics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a collaborating statistician
- 6-10 years of experience as a collaborating statistician
- Past experience obtaining external funding as Co-I or study biostatistician
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to organize workflow.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and develop multiple projects.
- Ability to compile complex reports and develop presentations.
- Skilled job requiring high level of adaptability & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with internal constituents.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Special Instructions to Applicants