Statistician to work with a national research group and local projects in Family and Preventive Medicine and Public Health. This position requires that the statistician have experience/ability in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience with data management and statistical analysis in SAS and R.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new statistical and other software quickly, e.g., this position will need to use Zoom, LucidChart, PASS, google drive, Google Docs, and google sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement forms and surveys in Redcap, run queries and reports, download Redcap data to SAS, and interface with study personnel and study participants who use the Redcap projects.
- Demonstrated experience designing and using data quality reports to maintain the quality of the collected data.
- Demonstrated excellent, diplomatic oral and written communication skills in email, Zoom calls, and written reports, as this position interfaces with multiple staff, faculty researchers, faculty coaches, participants, and consortium personnel all over the USA.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and awareness of the multi-person flow of work, so that the project work, as a whole, keeps moving ahead in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and following procedures and protocols for the good of the project.
- Demonstrated experience in time management.
- Demonstrated experience with directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) and other causal methods is a plus.
Each employee has a unique background and life experience. We believe that maximizing diversity fuels the success of our organization. In your cover letter or during your interview, we invite you to share how your background, beliefs, and experience will prepare you to be effective in working in an environment that values diversity and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Performs data management and statistical analysis for a variety of projects. Designs and implements forms and surveys in Redcap for 4 related Redcap projects. Writes SAS code and protocols to download Redcap data to SAS, performs data downloads to SAS and Excel, assures correctness and quality of data downloads by student RA. Participates actively in twice-weekly multi-institutional, multi-investigator meetings. Responds to Redcap-related email from participants, coaches, staff, and researchers. Creates spreadsheets, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Lucid Charts to assist investigators and coaches. Extracts and cleans data to create and maintain analysis datasets. Interfaces on data requests from the national consortium, after PI approval. Performs intermediate and final statistical analyses and contributes to manuscripts. Assures correctness of tables and graphs. Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
This position requires familiarity with standard statistical analysis procedures with a minimum of a BS degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field; General programming skills or familiarity with at least one statistical programming language such as SAS or R with the ability to independently gain new skills and solve difficult programming challenges; Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is necessary; An ability to work on several projects simultaneously and manage deadlines, and good communication skills.
Masters-trained statistician with working knowledge of/experience with SAS and R
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary