Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
|Date Posted||June 20, 2022|
|Industry||Private Sector BioStat Jobs|
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Division of General Internal Medicine (DGIM) is seeking a Masters-level Biostatistician/Analyst to join our team working on a variety of research projects. This is a full time (40 hours/ week) data analysis position. DGIM has major research interests in the delivery of primary care, screening and prevention, and the quality of care. The Biostatistician/Data Analyst will be involved in ongoing research projects performing data collection, manipulation, analysis and reporting. This position requires an individual with the ability to work cooperatively with senior statisticians and other analysts, as well as strong organizational, data management and quantitative skills.
Situated within the MGH Department of Medicine, the Division of General Internal Medicine is home to more than 40 full-time investigators with an annual research budget of $14.5 million. DGIM investigators conduct research in clinical epidemiology, health services research, cost effectiveness analysis, implementation science, and health policy, focusing on important primary care research topics such as cancer prevention, substance use disorders, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, obesity, atrial fibrillation, and primary care delivery, particularly for vulnerable populations. A growing body of recent work has focused on the burden and consequences of COVID-19 in a range of high-risk populations. DGIM research faculty collaborate with the MGH Chelsea Health Center and Boston Health Care for the Homeless and also work with faculty at the MGH Mongan Institute, a multidisciplinary community of scientists and programs in population and health care delivery science dedicated to transforming health care and achieving health equity locally, nationally, and globally.
MGH is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Attend research team meetings with Principal Investigators and study staff
- Develop reporting and quality control plans, document programs to perform complete data validation and error detection, ensuring that all are informed of any issues relating to data integrity.
- Generate reports on study progress.
- Design and perform statistical analyses under the supervision of senior statisticians.
- Assist in manuscript and report preparation
- Communicate with clinical investigators to describe results.
- Query patient registries maintained in different platforms such as RPDR, EDW, D4Q, MS Access, SQL Server databases and SAS datasets.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in statistics or biostatistics
- Strong SAS or R programming with a minimum of 3+ years of experience.
- Minimum six months of experience preparing and analyzing clinical/health related data
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain up-to-date documentation and work logs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters discreetly
- Demonstrate good judgement in all areas of responsibility
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.