Biostatistician II, Research Office (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
University of Arizona
|Date Posted||August 01, 2022|
|Industry||Private Sector BioStat Jobs|
The Research Office at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix is currently recruiting a Biostatistician II with experience in research. The incumbent will work with medical students as well as investigators using advanced quantitative methods to advise on the design and analysis of various research projects . Good communication skill is required to interact with all types of investigators. Help us build a transformational environment to support future medical doctors and a world class Research organization. If you are a self-directed and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and easily adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment, we welcome your application!
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Collaborates with biomedical investigators and medical students and assists in developing objectives, designing sampling, randomization and data collection procedures to achieve study objectives.
- Advises investigators in determining the appropriate statistical methodology to meet their study needs and objectives.
- Performs power/sample size analysis and develops plans for study monitoring and statistical analysis.
- Drafts the statistical section for IRB applications and grant proposals.
- Participates in data collection, database maintenance, and assessment of various databases and sources.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the analysis and presentation of data.
- Analyzes and interprets data including selection and application of appropriate statistical methods.
- Uses various statistical software packages and writes statistical computer programs; reviews and summarizes analysis results.
- Designs tables, visual representations, and reports for specific research studies.
- Provides consultation, technical assistance, and coordination for a wide variety of medical student and investigators.
- Designs, implements, and coordinates study activities and process improvements.
- Drafts the statistical methods and results sections of presentations and publications.
- Works with collaborators on proper interpretation of analysis results.
- Evaluates sources of existing data in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability, usability and generalizability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scientific approach and methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, concepts, methods, and standards of statistical research.
- Ability to apply a range of advanced statistical techniques in support of scientific research studies and/or experiments.
- Ability to consult with scientific investigators, interpret research requirements, and determine statistical analysis strategies.
- Strong analytical communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Master's Degree in a related field of study required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, written and oral communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail is critical.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- R programming skills are highly recommended.
- Ability to perform statistical analyses of data, prepare written interpretations of statistical results and to integrate these findings into reports and publications.
- Strong motivation and dedication to scientific discovery is essential.
- Previous experience in research.
- Previous training in applied statistics, data mining, and machine learning.
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).