|Date Posted||November 18, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Provides statistical expertise in the areas of study design and data analysis to investigators/researchers interested in conducting clinical or experimental studies. Works effectively within a group setting in the areas of design of data collection instruments, study design, database management, statistical programming, analysis of data, statistical graphics and writing reports which include explanations of methods used and interpretations of results obtained.
- Consults with investigators to determine questions of interest and data needed to address those questions.
- Determines and carries out appropriate statistical analyses.
- Interprets and presents data descriptions and analysis results, including the explanation of statistical techniques used, the assumptions made and the generalization of results.
- Documents methods and results through preparation of reports.
- Writes statistical methods sections of manuscripts and abstracts for publications or presentations.
- Writes computer programs to analyze data using available statistical software.
- Advises users how to best utilize database information.
- Designs study and data collection instrumentation to best answer questions within given time and personnel constraints.
- Communicates with key entry staff for accurate entry of data.
- Edits, organizes and maintains computerized data files.
- Handles multiple simultaneous projects or multiple aspects of a large project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or a related field.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- One year of experience with SAS or R and one year of experience with data management and statistical analysis required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Individual must exhibit a high degree of motivation and work effectively within a group setting.
- Must be able to handle time management of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job ads copyrighted by BioStatJobs.com -- © 1998-2022