The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Biostatistician 2 will assist and support work in the Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology (PIIO)within the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Ohio State University.
- Design and develop integrated scientific software, end-to-end applications, and databases to support the data management and analysis needs of funded research projects
- Develop and maintain workflows for a wide range of NGS experiments (DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, miRNA, including single-cell sequencing data analysis) in a cluster computing Unix environment to automate the analysis of genomics data
- Contribute to ongoing software infrastructure development efforts
- Interact with biomedical researchers of all levels to provide mentorship and technical expertise and develop successful solutions to meet investigator requirements
- Develop and design algorithms for complex problems
- Perform a variety of duties as assigned
- Assist in a variety of other research activities
- Attend and make presentations at meetings
- Attend national conferences related to research activities
- Prepare reports including sophisticated visualization approaches to aid in the interpretation of bioinformatics, biostatistics, and statistics results
Bachelor's in Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer & Information science, Electrical engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
4 years of experience in bioinformatics, software and pipeline development and/or administration required
Experience in a research environment preferred
Requires successful completion of a background check
Qualified candidates may be requested to complete a pre-employment physical including a drug screen
The OSUCCC – James is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nation’s largest public universities.
$85,000-114,000 per year.