Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF)
|Date Posted||August 23, 2023|
|Industry||Private Sector BioStat Jobs|
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
This position will support research efforts across various Programs and Centers in the Washington Metropolitan Region.
HJF is seeking a Biostatistician I to provide biostatistical support for clinical and/or laboratory research. This involves performing statistical analysis on data collected from clinical trials and/or research studies. The Biostatistician I participates in cross-functional teams or specific projects with defined outcomes and performs data analysis with guidance and appropriate controls, while decisions are made with supervisory guidance. This is the first of three Biostatistician levels.
- Assists in the design of biomedical research protocols.
- Provides statistical support via statistical consultation and data analyses throughout the courses of studies and assists in the preparation of statistical reports for presentations and publications.
- Assists with coordinating statistical analysis and protocol data between protocols by providing statistical consulting on an ad hoc basis.
- Provides relevant statistical and project status updates to research staff.
- Works with research staff to achieve the goals of the research program.
- May lead data analysts.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the design of clinical trials.
- Knowledge of medical science and research.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make effective presentations and publish.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or related field required; Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience required.
Some positions or sites may require that the incumbent be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination may be required.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.